Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it safe to get highlights and acrylic nail fill-ins while I'm pregnant?

I'm 11 weeks pregnant, and I need both, lol. But I don't want to do it if the chemicals could be harmful to the baby.Is it safe to get highlights and acrylic nail fill-ins while I'm pregnant?
I asked my doc the same thing. She said there were no case studies really done on the effects of whether it was harmful or not to babies, but she said if I wanted to be on the safe side, wait until the end of your second trimester when all the babies developing would be done. However, she said, in a well ventilated area, it should be ok. I was nervous though, so my hair has looked like crap for months. =( LOLIs it safe to get highlights and acrylic nail fill-ins while I'm pregnant?
Congratulations.


I would not. Even if you where not pregnant. I am a reflexologist and aromatherapist by profession and use to be a cosmetologist. I use to work in a hair salon that did acrylic nails. I did hair. But the toxic smell alone messed me up so bad that I had to quit that profession. As far as highlights sometimes it gets on the scalp and also the toxic fumes are very toxic to breath what to speak of the fumes in the salon. The understanding in Ayurveda and aromatherapy is that what ever goes on your skin our on your nails goes into your blood stream. The rule of thumb is, if you wouldn't eat it don't put it on your skin. Read the book Natural Cures-they don't want you to know by Kevin Trudeau. Now I only use pure organic oils on face, and body. I don't use any nail polish, because that is so toxic. I only use pure cosmetics made from natural sources and organic. Otherwise we create toxins in the body which can lead to so many illnesses including cancer. Make sure you hair products or skin products don't have any parabens and your deodorant as well. And deodorant shouldn't have any aluminum, that can give one Alzheimer's. And especially if one is pregnant the baby will get those toxins too. Protect yourself and protect your baby. Blessings to you, your family and your baby within.
I wouldn't do the nail thing because the acrylic is very strong, but I have had my hair colored 6-7 times since i'm pregnant and they said there is no problem with that, my hair dressers told me if the hair dye was harmful to the baby it would be printed on the bottles that it comes in and it's not.
I have been told both are fine. I also know women who do both as a profession and continued to work while pregnant. It will be just fine.





good luck!
I would skip it. Just to be safe.
i have no idea about the nails but i asked my doctor a few days ago about hair dying and she said its fine as long as im in a well ventilated area:)
i would wait until the 2nd semester when most of the growing has taken place already and the baby isn't as susceptible to chemicals.


I'm not sure the nail thing would be a good idea since those places usually smell of chemicals so badly that i get immediate migraines.


highlights should be fine, but again, wait until the 2nd semester when it's safer
I don't think there are any issues with the nails, but the problem with the highlights is this... From what I've read, it doesn't affect the baby at all, but the color might not take the right way because of the hormones. I'd check with your colorist, and of course, your doctor. Goodluck
i actualy asked my doctor about it when i was pregnant, and he said it was perfectly fine i asked millions of questions and if u dident know Its NOW SAFE to color your hair while pregnant too

No comments:

Post a Comment